[Proj] (re)projection of rasters

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Tue Jul 19 17:42:44 EDT 2005

Alright,

last time I was looking at vectors. and ogr2ogr -a_srs WGS84 dest src
worked well for me

Now I would like to take a raster of the bellow characters and bring it
into the same layer format. I have tried various things with
gdal_translate, proj/invproj, but I don't think I actualy understand
what I'm trying to do (aka I give up). Although I have successfully
taken a directory of 8 *.adf files (the DEM I would like to import) and
changed it to a GTIFF. Now if I could reproject it (in the same or
different step) would be nice.

My understanding is that I want to move catesian data (1) to
cartographic data (2)

My location as seen by GRASS

LOCATION PROJ_INFO is:
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): name: Lat/Lon
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): proj: ll
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): datum: wgs84
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): a: 6378137
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): es: 0.0066943800
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): no_defs: defined
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2):

Data to bring in seen by GRASS

Dataset PROJ_INFO is:
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): name: Universe Transverse Mercator
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): proj: utm
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): datum: nad83
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): a: 6378137
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): es: 0.0066943800
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): zone: 18
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2): no_defs: defined
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10270,2):

(data in Ontario MNR DEM in *.adf format)

I have tried

(inv)proj +ellps=WGS84 src

but think I'm missing something. Seemed like a good idea.

I have also tried (as per docs and tutorials) to create a new location
to import raster to, then turn around and try to reproject the data from
one location to another. I missed something along the way cause that
never seemed to work.

I'm sure there is a simple solution.-

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|