[Proj] Tutorials, workshops and other educational experieinces

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:21:18 EDT 2005

On 7/20/05, Dave Sampson <gis at watersheds.ca> wrote:
> Hey yall,
>
> Been searching for various workshops and tutorials to better understand
> how to implement proj,gdal,ogr etc etc.
>
> All the links I seem to get that are promising apear to be dead. Does
> anyone know of some good resources so I can fully harness the potential
> of these tools?
>
> I appreciate the manuals and FAQ but sometimes I could use plain
> examples in geographer lingo. Something that works with file management
> and munipulation and not code construction or application development
>
> dead links
> -------------------
> http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/opengis/ogrhtml/osr_tutorial.html
> http://gdal.velocet.ca/gdal/html/gdal_tutorial.html

Dave,

The above can be found at:

  http://www.gdal.org/ogr/osr_tutorial.html
  http://www.gdal.org/gdal_tutorial.html

If you let me know where you found the dead links, I'll try and correct them.

I would also highly recommend Web Mapping Illustrated by Tyler for
talking about how GDAL and related tools fit together, and some discussion
of projections issues.  It is available from O'reilly.