[Proj] New libproj4 release and expanded manual

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Thu Mar 10 22:43:45 EST 2005

My rule of thumb is that for every minute spent coding it takes 1 hour
getting
the documentation completed.  Lately, I do the documentation first and
then
strike the code from my documentation so that when things go wrong I
double
check both works for errors.

Right now it is a problem of catching up on a lot of code that has been
in the
system for years.

Another problem: I am cook, waiter and dishwasher on the manual and get
sidetracked with problems like the graphics, sorting indexes with
foreign
accents, artwork, etc, etc, ... .  In addition, I have to rely upon my
own limited skill
with the language because I lack an editor.  Computers do help with
spell
checking but they do miss contextual misspellings: I often mistype "or"
for "of"
and no speller I know of finds that error.

Then again, I am retired and I just say "f__k it all" and play computer
games
for a bit, watch "The Daily Show," walk my two basset hounds, cook
dinner,
and generally behave like a sloth.   ;-)

Now that I feel that I have resolved some style problems I hope it may
be
done in another 6 to 8 months.  "Done:" a full first draft.

Hey!  It's almost time to celebrate the Vernal Equinox.