[Proj] Cassini coordinate reprojection problem

Chris Faulkner christopher.faulkner at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 19 09:17:20 EST 2005

Sorry for the delay in response. I am doing this in the evenings -
unfortunately, it doesn't form part of my day job !

Following your suggestions, I split up the conversion and compared what
was happening on each side - to and from lat/long. I found that the
conversion of Cassini to Geographics  was the same as in GEOTRANS. AT
that point it became even more obvious that it was my mistake - no way
has proj4 got a bug in TM ! I then realised I had left off the scale
factor which on the British National Grid is 0.9996. This made all the
difference. I was surprised just how much this moves the coordinates.

Thanks for all your help on this and thanks for the follow up now. I
never cease to be amazed at the level of community support there is out
there for this type of project.

Chris