[Proj] Request for comments on changes to libproj4 distribution.

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Mon May 2 12:43:47 EDT 2005

I am about ready to make the next release of libproj4.  One of the
update items
is to add "config.h" which contains, at the moment, the following
switches:

/* Use Gnu Scientific Library if 1 else 0 */
#define HAVE_GSL 1

/* Make thread-safe if 1 else 0 */
#define HAVE_PTHREAD 1

/* Library has strerror_r if 1 else 0 */
#define HAVE STRERROR_R 1

Still, these remain "hand editted" items until a configure system can
be solved
someday.

Followers of this group will recognize the first two items and the third
is added to compensate for the non-thread-safe nature of strerror which
is
a part of pj_strerror_r (new addition).  The need for this switch is
that as far
as I can tell strerror_r is not part of any "standards" specification.

My main question is: are there any other switches that would be
desirable?

A second factor I would like comments on is prototyping PJ as 'const.'
Its
usage has constant contents after pj_init so perhaps the outside world
should
recognize that factor.

Thank-you.