[Proj] Java Interface for PROJ?

Andrea Antonello moovida at katamail.com
Sat May 28 11:02:50 EDT 2005

Hy Daniel,

> You probably remember the email below about the JNI interface for PROJ.

Yes, I do :)

> I was wondering if you had a prebuilt PROJ 4.4.9 package for Windows
> with the .JAR and any required files that you could make available?

I have one for 4.4.8. I'm not sure about the newest. However I can ask the guy
that did it for me to do a newer build. I guess it will take about a week.
I'll contact it on monday.

If someone else in the list has one compiled the package for windows with jni,
please shout. :)

> Please excuse my ignorance, I'm really not very familiar with JNI. I was
> wondering if the .jar compiled on Linux could be used on Windows, or
> does it absolutely have to be compiled on Windows?

The jar is just one for all the machines, whereas the dependency lies in
the .dll, .so or .jnilb for windows, linux and mac (however no one compiled
it for mac yet).

> I guess what I'm
> wondering is if the proj.dll or any platform-specific files are included
> in the .jar.

No, but I can send it to you.

> Thanks in advance for any hint you can provide.

Hope it helped,
Ciao
Andrea

> Daniel
>
> Andrea Antonello wrote:
> > There is also a jniwrap for the transformation included in the proj
> > distirbution. Perhaps that can be of use.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andrea
> >
> > On Friday 29 April 2005 01:52, Andy Canfield wrote:
> >>GeoTools has a port to Java of Proj4. This should at least get you
> >> pointed in the correct direction:
> >>http://www.geotools.org/Coordinate+Transformation+Services+for+Geotools+2
> >>.0

HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
www.hydrologis.com

Andrea Antonello
Environmental Engineer
mobile:  +393288497722

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik