[Proj] Re: Campo Inchauspe to WGS84 parameters

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 14 00:56:12 EST 2005

On 11/11/05, Noel Zinn <ndzinn at houston.rr.com> wrote:
> Mr. van Vlijmen,
>
> Excellent!  The 10-parameter Molodenksy-Badekas transformation is the right
> solution for small areas.
>
> Is it supported by Proj.4?

Noel,

No, I'm afraid not.  Not that I am well read, but this is the
first time I had heard of it.

Cliff's points on the dangers of accepting approximate
datum transformations is also well taken.  I would however
note that most mappers cannot afford to place geodesists on
the ground.   So we scratch around hoping to find something
reasonable.