[Proj] converting from UK ordinance survey to lat/lon

Andrea Edwards andrea.edwards at nulc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 15 05:24:51 EST 2005

Hi

I am trying to use proj4 to convert from uk ordinance survey coordinates to latitude and longitude values.

I found an example in the internet as so

C:\> proj.exe -I +init=world:bng +ellps=WGS84
353600 432900                        (input)
2d42'15.556"W   53d47'22.952"N       (output)

This does not work for me. I get this error
projection initialization failure
cause: no system list, errno: 2
program abnormally terminated

I think this is something to do with the world:bng file (don't know what that is though). I copied this file to the same directory as proj4 in case that helped but it didn't.

Thanks in advance for your help
andrea