[Proj] Snyder ISEA

Strebe at aol.com Strebe at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 23:46:25 EDT 2005

Snyder described at least three methods for creating customizable equal-area
projections, as well as an equal-area projection for arbitrary polyhedral
faces. I'm not aware of any of them called "ISEA".

See:

"Optimizing equal-area map projections using least squares", American
Congress on Surveying and Mapping, Reno, ASPRS-ACSM 1987 Fall Convention, ACSM
Technical Papers, p. 5-13.

"An equal-area map projection for polyhedral globes," Cartographica, Vol. 29,
No. 1, Spring 1992, pp. 10-21.

"New equal-area map projections for noncircular regions," The American
Cartographer, Vol. 15, No. 4, October 1988, pp. 341-355.

"Minimum-error equal-area map projections," (with John A. Dyer), The American
Cartographer, Vol. 16, No. 1, 1989, pp. 39-43.

Regards,
daan Strebe