[Proj] convert from LatLong to transverse mercator LUREF

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 19 09:29:48 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, Oscar van Vlijmen <ovv at hetnet.nl> wrote:
> I can't believe PROJ or cs2cs are that inaccurate!

Oscar,

Keep in mind I did not provide all the decimal places for
thei input values.  With the full precision given, I get dead
on to the two decimal places normally reported by cs2cs.

cs2cs +proj=latlong +ellps=intl +to +proj=tmerc +x_0=80000 +y_0=100000
+lon_0=6d10 +lat_0=49d50 +ellps=intl +k=1
5d55'50.69323 49d34'17.60287
62935.00        70910.00 0.00

Please be careful of assuming a failure in the accuracy of PROJ.4
when it is really just the input it is given.

> I have translated a couple of projection formulae and codes, amongst which
> several libproj4 functions, to JavaScript. Let's say just for my amusement.

You might want to chat with Mike Adair over on the Mapbuilder
project who has also translated a number of projections into Javascript.

  http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net/