[Proj] reprojection of sites within SHP file to standard output

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Tue Sep 13 14:26:22 EDT 2005

pw,

I seem to remember reprojecting SHP files before. PROJ was even creating
a new PRJ file for me. I thought that if Proj can reproject a whole
shape file that it might be able to do components thereof.  The script
you speak of, is it an avenue script?  ANy open source solutions as I am
avoid running arcview. proof of concept.

cheers

> Hello,
>
> Can this actually be done with proj...?(Didn't think so)
> SHP files are ~proprietary to arcview GIS. There is a
> format spec available on the web.
>
> I have an arcview script for dumping coordinates
> from SHP files to ascii text, if that helps. I believe it also
> dumps one attribute as well, allowing you to link
> the geographic data with the data in the accompanying
> DBF file. In any case you could modify the script to
> dump what ever you want.

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|