[Proj] error compiling proj 4.4.9 on Solaris 9

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Tue Apr 4 09:59:25 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 9:35 am, Sergey Karin wrote:
> Hi, List!
>
> A try to compile proj 4.4.9 on my Solaris 9:
> gen_cheb.o p_series.o libproj.la -lm
> gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/proj proj.o gen_cheb.o p_series.o

My only reason for responding to this problem is to express
amazement at the persistance of carrying over a feature in
the old (and unsupported on my part) proj library that I am
sure nobody is using: the Chebychev bivariate approximation
procedures.  This was used by the long defunct MAPGEN
program and is only of interest in speeding up projections
in large scale applications with graphic quality resolutions.

These functions have been trimmed out of libproj4 and
not part of the program lproj.
--
Jerry and the low-riders: Daisy Mae and Joshua