[Proj] Re: System 42/83 (S42/83)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 2 10:01:47 EST 2006

On 2/2/06, Erich Sadlowski <erich.sadlowski at gmx.de> wrote:
> P.S. Isn't it confusing, that there are identical definition (i.e. 2166 <-> 2397
> ) or incomplete zone enumerations in the delivered epsg file ?

Erich,

The "epsg file" is a rather pale reflection of the original
EPSG database.  I think if you went back and inspected
2166 and 2397 carefully in the original database there
would turn out to be differences that are not reflected
in the epsg file.  It may be that one is deprecated and
the other has different datum information, for instance.

But yes, it is confusing.