[Proj] Does proj can be used on embedded linux?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 28 09:09:18 EST 2006

acvolcano wrote:
> hi, everyone,
>   Recently, I have tried to use proj on the arm-linux development board,
> the cpu is ARM9.
>   Yeah, I can compile the library, and install it. And I still intall
> the libgdal library on the board, though I just want to use ogr.
> everything is ok.
>   But while I run the programme on the embedded linux system installed
> on my development board. Some errors occur. It complains that "ERROR
> 1:latitude or longitude exceeded limits". And I know the msg was sent by
> the function pj_fwd in file pj_fwd.c. But the progamme can run
> wonderfully on my PC. The version of the library installed is 4.4.7.
>   So I change another version,4.4.9. there are also some similar
> mistakes. It complains to me that "geocentric transformation missing z
> or ellps". I don't know how to do!

ACVolcano,

The "...missing z or ellps" generally means you are missing the ellipse.
What was the transformation you were trying to do?  Did you include an
explicit +ellps=WGS84 or something similar?  If not, PROJ.4 will need to
find a default ellpse in the defaults file which it may well not be finding
on your ARM system.

I don't know about the first message.  It may be that the ARM floating point
math is weak enough that some operations will not work well.