[Proj] Finnish KKJ in proj 4.4.9 - Linux vs. Windows - SOLVED!

Roger Oberholtzer roger at opq.se
Thu Jan 5 05:41:56 EST 2006

My mistake:

I was not initializing the height value sent to the transform. The
assumption was that if it was used at all, it was a write-only value.
Bad assumption. On Linux, the value turned out to be 0.0, which is what
cs2cs also used when it was not specified. On Windows, it was non-zero.
However, due to the nature of the program stack, the value was
consistent (but not constant), so I did not see a random error, which
would have indicated an initialization problem.

I have now set the height to 0.0 and get the desired results on both
platforms. The height value I have comes from a D_GPS receiver (Trimble
Ag132), and so I think using it would probably introduce more error than
if it was not used. At some point I will test this theory.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Roger Oberholtzer
OPQ Systems AB