[Proj] Newbie Polar stereographic question

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Tue Jul 11 16:07:51 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 2:29 pm, starjohn wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I got image from a korean customer which is polar stereographic with center
> Longitude=127, and center latitude = 35
> The true latitude is 60. How do I use polar stereographic in this case ? Is
> it possible to specify true lat other than
> 90 or -90 ?

"Polar" Stereographic may be a bit of a misnomer.  I suspect simple
Steregraphic is  what is meant with the point of tangency at 127E? and 35N?.
In proj4 terms: +lat_0=127E +lat_0=35N.

I cannot imagine anyone using truly polar stereographic at a latitude of 35
degrees.

--
Jerry and the low-riders: Daisy Mae and Joshua
"Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum"