[Proj] Re: Newbie Polar stereographic question

starjohn starjohn at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 14:22:36 EDT 2006

Hello Gerald!

Thanks a lot for the reply!

As far as I know, the projection plane is on latitude 60 and parallel to the
equator (this is the meaning of true latitude).

There is a ray from the center of earth to this plane. The center of the
projection
is the point on this plane where the ray from the center of earth goes
through the center
point and "meets" the plane.. this is the center of the projection. Makes a
sense ?

There is a drawing on mathworld to see this in better detail on
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/StereographicProjection.html

Thanks again and all the best
   John