[Proj] Re: Newbie Polar stereographic question

Oscar van Vlijmen ovv at hetnet.nl
Fri Jul 14 15:11:55 EDT 2006

> (lib)proj is NOT capable of computing said projection.
> I found out that a trick is needed: use an adapted false northing.

I know, virtually nobody is using it, so who cares?
But the one person that does need this projection in the general sense, can
do absolutely nothing with the ArcGIS fudge factor of -2299363.487823496 if
he wants to project from another ellipsoid or with another latitude of true
scale.
This needs another fudge factor or more sensibly, an equation.