[Proj] Re: [webmap-discuss] Client side coordinate transformation library - Call to developers/testers

Aaron Koning aaronkoning at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 17:41:22 EDT 2006

Hi Richard,

Its good to hear from you again. I am mostly interested in porting GCTP to
JavaScript. I have not had much use for datum conversions on the client
side, but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has. Right now the
GCTP-JS port has the three most important projections for my region (Albers,
Lambert, UTM) and it works very well, so I am hesitant to get involved with
recreating this functionality. In addition, I believe that the GCTP can be
ported much quicker than Proj4 since it has less than half the files of
Proj4 and since many of the GCTP files contain only a few lines that need to
be converted. Perhaps there are more compelling reasons to redirect efforts?

Aaron

--