[Proj] Method to use for getting a set of projections added to the EPSG code list.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 6 12:24:11 EDT 2006

Bob Basques wrote:
> All,
>
> I was forwarded to this list because of a need to add in some
> Projections to the EPSG list.
>
> I would like to have added the seperate County Projections for the State
> of Minnesota.
>
> What procedures need to be followed to get something like this moving
> ahead?

Bob,

You can extend your local proj.4 'epsg' translation file as you wish.
However, the original EPSG database is not under our control so if you
want the county projections added to the core EPSG database you will need
to contact the OGP Surveying and Positioning Committee.

   http://www.epsg.org/

I am not keen on adding non-EPSG approved codes into the PROJ.4 epsg
translation file.