[Proj] Method to use for getting a set of projections added to the EPSG code list.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 7 09:47:55 EDT 2006

Martin Vermeer wrote:
> What is the status of the 'world' file under nad? (And why is it under
> nad? What is the directory tree logic, if any?)

Martin,

The world init file was presumably an earlier effort to list common
projections from around the world.  It's origins come from before my time.
I do fix things in it if problems are pointed out to me, but I'm not making
any effort to extend it or promote it.

All the init file stuff is in the nad directory, presumably because originally
the first init files were the ones for the nad83 and nad27 state plane zones.