[Proj] Discovery: libproj4 stmerc = French Gauss-Laborde projection

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Tue Jun 13 19:46:48 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 4:14 pm, Clifford J Mugnier wrote:
> The "sphère de courbure" is merely the Gaussian Sphere evaluated at the
> geodetic latitude of origin.
>
> Melita Kennedy of ESRI informed me a couple years ago that they
> successfully programmed Jeff Dozier's TM equations and have incorporated
> that routine into one of the ESRI packages, I don't remember which one.

I would only ask one question: was the code in the appendix of Dozier's
article without error?

I bashed my head against that stuff several years ago to no avail.  I even
converted the code into computer readable form two ways: by scanner and OCR
and brute force keying in.
Jerry and the low-riders: Daisy Mae and Joshua
"Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum"
   Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary