[Proj] Re: Discovery: libproj4 stmerc = French Gauss-Laborde projection

Strebe at aol.com Strebe at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 01:12:11 EDT 2006

You might contact Dr. David E. Wallis. He devised a much simpler method than
Dozier's. I've implemented it for the full-ellipsoid. You can see a plot of an
earth-like ellipsoid here:

http://mapthematics.com/Projection%20Images/Cylindrical/Transverse%20Mercator.
GIF

The method works for arbitrary eccentricities. Contact me privately if you're
interested. Since it is Dr. Wallis's invention, I'll put you in contact with
him.

Regards,
-- daan Strebe