[Proj] c++, Visual Studio .Net project

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Thu Mar 2 12:37:20 EST 2006

Haven't tried a C++ .NET combo w/ PROJ.4.  First, you might start with a more recent version of the library.

However, I think there may be threading problems trying to use proj.lib directly from a managed C++ application.  I don't think the PROJ library is compiled as multithreaded and I don't think it is safe to do so.  However, managed C++ must be compiled as multi-threaded.  I just did a rudimentary attempt with the 4.4.8 sources I have, and I couldn't get it to link due to multiply defined library functions (LINK2005).  This is most likely because single- and multi-threaded library functions of the same name are being pulled in.

You can probably use the library through Platform Invoke as I have done for C# programs.  But, it adds some work.

>>> sven_ger at users.sourceforge.net 3/2/2006 8:01:06 AM >>>
Hey all,
I don't use PROJ.4 until now.
At the moment I work at an 'little' project. In this one I should
convert some coordinates from the German GK System to WGS84.
I guess I can do it with PROJ.4.

Now my question. Is there any possibility to integrate PROJ.4 into
my existing Visual Studio .Net C++ project? I tried to link to
proj446.lib but the complier said: fatal error LNK1136.

At http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/ I don't find any example or
something like this.
I hope someone can help me.

Regards,