[Proj] Re: possible bug in proj.4 lib

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 1 10:39:46 EST 2006

Jaakko Kahkonen wrote:
> Hello from Finland!
>
> After upgrading proj.4 lib from 4.4.9 to 4.5.0 I got stange results with
> MapServer, when using epsg 2393.
>
> I noticed that EPSG values 2391-2394 in epsg file differs between versions:

Jaakko,

I see the +towgs84 parameters are now missing.

There are two likely reasons for this:

  1) EPSG now publishes more than one possible value for this, which will
     cause my towgs84 selector to give up and include none.

  2) The previous values were locally or centrally hacked into the the
     previous version as were lost on regeneration.

I *could* track through the process to try and verify, but I imagine this
is case (1).  If the old towgs84 parameters are still considered quite
appropriate, you can submit a bug report against PROJ, with the old entries,
and I will add an override to apply those values in the generation process.

In the meantime, you can just past the old entries into your epsg file
in place of the new entries.

I have taken the liberty of cc:ing the proj list since this is of potentially
wider interest.