[Proj] Re: Re: Proj4 Bug (rtodms)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Nov 9 01:40:04 EST 2006

cp wrote:

> The numbers have effectively right and exact representations in ten-bytes
> format, but the compiler instead of making r/60 makes r * 1/60 so it changes
> a little thing. I precise that this is done without any optimization (force
> no optimization) and with option "don't correct FDIV flaw" (for old
> processors) and "no quick floating points".

In that case, the Borland compiler is entirely useless for any code
which makes non-trivial use of floating-point arithmetic.

Even if this particular issue can be worked around, you are likely to
encounter similar issues time and time again.

Any compiler written by someone who doesn't understand that x/y and
x*(1/y) aren't equivalent simply isn't worth the disk space it
occupies.