[Proj] Re: Re: Proj4 Bug (rtodms)

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.mail
Fri Nov 10 11:50:07 EST 2006

My conclusion, based upon all the material this thread has generated, is that
either Borland has messed with the rounding mode of the FPU or the machine
used on the original error has a flawed chip.  Even when the problem is
rewritten to emulate the Borland optimization, the "OK" solution is the
result.

I would suggest that the originator of this problem submit a bug report to
Borland in an effort to extract their take on the problem.  Please add a
summary of the results of this email thread.

I do not think there is sufficient evidence to justify modifying the original
source code.  Perhaps a distribution note could be made to warn users of the
Borland compiler of the problem.

Or perhaps a compile flag testing for Borland compiler which issues a
self-destruct message.

-- Havelock Ellis (1859-1939)  British psychologist