[Proj] New version of PROJ.4 for Windows CE

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Nov 17 10:37:16 EST 2006

Hi,

After latest comments to my PROJ.4 port for Windows CE platform
I cleaned it and here it is in new shape:

1. Changed files:

src/emess.c
src/gen_cheb.c
src/nad_cvt.c
src/nad_init.c
src/pj_apply_gridshift.c
src/pj_factors.c
src/pj_fwd.c
src/pj_gridinfo.c
src/pj_gridlist.c
src/pj_init.c
src/pj_inv.c
src/pj_malloc.c
src/pj_open_lib.c
src/pj_strerrno.c
src/pj_transform.c
src/projects.h

Here is patch all with changes:
http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/proj-wince-mloskot-20061116.patch

2. External dependencies

There is only one external dependency for Windows CE port.
Unfortunately, on Windows CE platform there are many C library and POSIX
functions missing, so all ports of libraries like GDAL, libtiff,
libgeotiff, and other libs I'm porting, need to use my WCELIBCEX
library - an extension to C library for Windows CE platform.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wcelibcex/

Certainly, the WCELIBCEX is not needed to be included in PROJ.4 sources
tree, because users can download its sources and Static Library project
file from the website.

5. Visual C++ 2005 project files

Unfortunately, since VC++ 2005, building software with nmake for
Windows CE is a big problem, so it seems to be required to provide users
with project files.
If PROJ.4 project would accept Windows CE port to the CVS repository,
I'd also like to include 2 project files: projce_dll and
projce_lib to build DLL and static library.
These project files could be put into a dedicated directory,
for instance:

proj/wince/msvc80
proj/wince/msvc80/projce_dll
proj/wince/msvc80/projce_lib