[Proj] Datum shifts in PROJ's EPSG table

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Tue Oct 24 10:40:16 EDT 2006

Hi,

I was wondering whether Datum shift parameters (+towgs84=..) should be
officially part of the epsg file that comes with PROJ. I computed the
values for the Dutch and Belgian national grids (EPSG 28992 and 31370), see:

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-November/009894.html

and

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2006-October/013570.html

At the moment, these have to be put manually in the epsg-file and in the
spatial_ref_sys table of PostGIS.

Are these parameters to be included into a future release of PROJ? I
know Gerald Evenden has always been against mixing projections and datum
shifts.

Jan