[Proj] Polish System 65 maps

Irwin Scollar al001 at uni-koeln.de
Fri Apr 13 12:20:21 EDT 2007

The boundaries of the zones (Strefa) in the Polish 1965 Roussilhe
system extensively discussed on this list in 2005-2006 are highly irregular.

Given the lat/lon (Krassovsky ellipsoid) of an arbitrary point in
Poland between 49N - 55N and 14E and 24E, how can I determine in
which zone the point lies so that the different false eastings and
northings in each zone as well as the parameters for the GK piece in
zone 5 can be used to get the Roussilhe E/N values using either
sterea or Otto van Vlijman's version?

This is a classic "point in polygon" problem, but where can one get
the 5 polygons (ArcGis Shape Files for the zones perhaps) with
accuracy sufficient to use with the 1:10000 maps with minimum error
at zone boundaries?  Alternatively, where can I find a file of
coordinates in lat/lon or E/N for the corners of the whole collection
of 1:10000 maps?

My knowledge of Polish unfortunately is nil, but a reference would be
appreciated none the less.

iscollar