[Proj] Specify a different directory for gsb files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 29 08:32:17 EDT 2007

Ervin Oswaldo Escobar Salazar wrote:
> Uff.. I cannot access to the configuration of the server... cannot set
> environment variables nor writing at c:\proj
> Any other idea?? I am completely knocked out.

Ervin,

Well, what can you modify?  There are also build time things, and changes
that can be made in the code to modify this but it seems unlikely you can
apply such changes if you can't alter the environment.

Can you affect the cs2cs commandline?  (If so, why can't you set environment
variables!)  You can give a specific path a gsb file on the commandline
with the +nadgrids directive.

eg.
+nadgrids=D:\abc.gsb

The more I think about it, the more irritating it is that you ask this
question without explaining the constraints on your situation!