[Proj] Specify a different directory for gsb files

Ervin Oswaldo Escobar Salazar ervinoswaldoescobar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 03:52:06 EDT 2007

I would like to point out that my question makes a lot of sense...
Frank, i am using a hosting service where every user has assigned a
specified directory (for instance c:\users\...\...\user7771) and so we have
no administrative privileges. In addition, we are using a server side
scripting language to develop a guided interface to PROJ.4, so i do not
expect to be able to fix environment variables nor write on c:\proj
directly.

Anyway, on my servers, where i have all the administrative privileges, i've
been carrying some tests according to your recommendations:

- I tried to include in the command line the path to the gsb file: for
instance +nadgrids=c:\proj\xnad\myfile.gsb (notice that i have introduced
xnad instead of nad, and obviously renamed the nad folder to xnad
previosly). The RESULT DOES NOT WORK. Testing with some coordinates didn't
make the NTV2 datum shifting.
- I also tried to set a new environment variable form the DOS prompt, with
the sentence: set PROJ_LIB=C:\PROJ\XNAD. Afterwards, and also from the DOS
prompt, the sentence SET reports the successful creation of the variable
pointing at the specified path. In spite of all of this, the RESULT DOES NOT
WORK. Testing again with some coordinates, didn't make the NTV2 datum
shifting.

Any other idea? If the first option would work (to introduce the path of the
gsb file in the command line of cs2cs) it would be fine for me, because i am
using a shell to execute command line sentences through a server side
scripting languaje.

Thanks to both of you for your attention and responses.