[Proj] Jamaica Projection...

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Thu Jan 4 13:20:33 EST 2007

The EPSG database is maintained by the EPSG (http:/www.epsg.org).

They have a comments form specifically for this purpose:
http://www.epsg.org/Comms/Comment.asp

You can always add an entry to your copy of the epsg file (
proj/nad/epsg ).  You should use a code number greater than 32767 so it
won't conflict with future additions to the EPSG database.  You'll have
to take additional steps for other programs that utilize proj.4 (like
PostGIS or mapserver).

For Example:

# Jamaica JAD2001
<45000> +proj=lcc +lat_1=18 +lat_2=18 +lon_0=77W +lat_0=18 +x_0=750000
+y_0=650000 +datum=WGS84 +ellps=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs  <>

>>> On 1/4/2007 at 9:41 AM, <NGignac at odpem.org.jm> wrote:

> So, can it be integrate into the EPSG code for all other projects?
Because
> when I used other applications (e.g. PostGIS or others), JAD2001 is
not
> integrated in the list.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nicolas
>

>              Frank Warmerdam

>              <warmerdam at pobox.

>              com>
>              Sent by:                  "PROJ.4 and general
Projections
>              proj-bounces at list         Discussions"

>              s.maptools.org            <proj at lists.maptools.org>

  cc

>              22/12/2006 02:41
Subject
>              PM                        Re: [Proj] Jamaica
Projection...

http://osgeo.org