[Proj] Jamaica Projection...

NGignac at odpem.org.jm NGignac at odpem.org.jm
Thu Jan 4 12:41:01 EST 2007

So, can it be integrate into the EPSG code for all other projects? Because
when I used other applications (e.g. PostGIS or others), JAD2001 is not
integrated in the list.

Thanks.

Nicolas

             Frank Warmerdam
             <warmerdam at pobox.
             Sent by:                  "PROJ.4 and general Projections
             proj-bounces at list         Discussions"
             s.maptools.org            <proj at lists.maptools.org>
                                                                        cc

             22/12/2006 02:41                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [Proj] Jamaica Projection...

             Please respond to
                "PROJ.4 and
                  general
                Projections
               Discussions"
             <proj at lists.mapto
                 ols.org>

NGignac at odpem.org.jm wrote:
> Is it possible to add this new Jamaican Projection in the project?
>
> See this link for more details on the projection:
> http://www.jamaicancaves.org/jad2001.htm

Nicolas,

I am not aware of a corresponding EPSG code for JAD2001, but you can
represent it in PROJ.4 with the following definition:

   +proj=lcc +lat_1=18 +lat_2=18 +lon_0=77W +lat_0=18 \
             +x_0=750000 +y_0=650000 +datum=WGS84

warmerdam at pobox.com