[Proj] Geref Projection Definition Fixed!

Clever, Max Maxc at spicergroup.com
Tue Jan 30 15:05:23 EST 2007

Frank,

Rectified Skew Orthomorphic Oblique Mercators with Natural Origins can
be handled by proj.  The flag that determines whether it is a "natural
origin" (origin at the equator) or a projection center origin is
determined by the inclusion of the "+no_uoff" flag in the projection
parameters.  The Michigan Georef coordinate system requires that the
"+no_uoff" parameter is inserted.  I'm not sure if that exact parameter
exists in epsg definitions.  It might need to be changed to no_off or
something like that.  There really was no fix needed in the proj engine,
just a correct definition for the projection.

Max Clever, L.S.I.T.

Staff Surveyor

Spicer Group, Inc.

230 S. Washington Avenue

Saginaw, MI  48607

Phone:  (989) 754-4065 ext. 5584

Cell:       (989) 989-928-8028

Fax:       (989) 754-4440

mailto: maxc at spicergroup.com

www.spicergroup.com

Spicer Group's Engineers, Surveyors, and Planners strive for perfection
in everything we do.  We take the best that exists & make it better.
When it doesn't exist, we design it!