[Proj] PROJ 4.6.0 beta1 Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 29 17:48:04 EST 2007

Brent Fraser wrote:
> Frank,
>
>   Sounds like a good idea, but will the API return a code,
> or through some other mechanism, indicate that a datum
> transformation has not occured?  The application could then
> alert the user...

Brent,

No, there is no error code of any sort returned.  The intent is
treat the behavior as intentional, not a failure.

There are other failure modes for pj_transform() which will result
in appropriate error information being returned.

It does sometimes disturb me that the transformation sequence is quite
opaque to the application.  There is no real way for it to know what is
happening.