[Proj] PROJ 4.6.0 beta1 Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 29 21:40:36 EST 2007

Greg Troxel wrote:
>   http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.6.0b1.tar.gz
>
> I built this on NetBSD within the pkgsrc framework (I am the maintainer)
> without any issues, and "gmake check" succeeded.
>
> Does this herald a shift in offical distribution site and homepage, or
> was this just a convenient place to put the beta tarball?

Greg,

This is actually the same as ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/proj.  They
are both served from the same tree.  I just quoted the http "osgeo"
address since the ftp.remotesensing.org address is mostly preserved
for backward compatability.

>   Now, if pj_datum_transform() (called pj_transform()) is called, and
>   either of the coordinate system lacks datum information it will apply no
>   datum shift at all.  The lat/long coordinates will be taken from one
>   and applied on the other with alteration.
>
> I think this is a sensible change, although I certainly can see that it
> might surprise someone.

Right.  I think it is important to highlight the change in behavior to
the extent practical so people won't be completely blindsided.