AW: [Proj] DHDN / Gauss Krueger to WGS84

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Thu Sep 27 13:29:13 EDT 2007

Hello all!

We have solved this problem with moving plates by adding a simple date with the coordinates of WGS84. That way you can always go back to the original position of that particular date in WGS84 (or any). The WGS84 datum (with date)  will stay accurate for ever, since it is always possible to trace back where the plates were at that specific date.

latitude,
longitude,
(WGS84),
date

That's it. At the moment we don't need this feature, but it is there to be sure that the positions recorded will always stay accurate.

Regards Janne.