[Proj] PROJ.4 and local coordinate systems

joeri.theelen joeri.theelen at arts.kuleuven.be
Mon Aug 18 10:21:51 EDT 2008

Janne,

Thanks for trying to help me out. Working with datum definitions is what I
tried to avoid in the first place, as I thought it would be too complex and
not accurate anough for the kind of data I am working with (high precision
and very large scale). Following the advise from another reply to my
question, I found a module to transform coordinates from one system to
another (in SAGA GIS). This has nothing to do with "real" coordinate
transformations, but it is exacly what I need.

Kind regards,
Joeri