[Proj] PROJ.4 and local coordinate systems

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Thu Aug 14 14:19:28 EDT 2008

Hello,

> By transformation, I
> mean translation, rotation and dilation (scale factor) of the X/Y
> coordinates only, not height.

there is the possibility to use datums. What you just wrote is a datum
definition. You define a datum for both systems relative to the wgs84
and proj-4 should automatically transform your coordinates.. ??

if the coordinate values do not match to any standard, just define your
own false easting and false northing values so that the resulting values
are better.. ??

Regards: Janne.