[Proj] Polar stereographic, different values on different platforms?

Bruce Raup brauplists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 16:12:21 EDT 2008

Eric, Frank, Glynn, Gerald, and all,

It's great to see quick action on this.  In my view, this is quite a
major bug, and it's unknown (to me) whether it affects other
projections or things that are built on top of Proj.4, like GDAL/OGR,
MapServer, etc.  It doesn't affect me directly because I use Linux,
but the colleague I'd just introduced to all these tools is getting a
bad first impression of open source geospatial software (his words).

Is there a test script already written for checking the results from
Proj.4?  If not, I will try to work up a script that tests some other
projections.

Bruce

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Eric Miller wrote:
>>
>> I did a little testing of various flavors of the Windows compiler.
>
> Eric,
>
> Great work!  I have filed this as:
>
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ticket/12
>
> I'll update the makefile.vc to use /Op by default, and look into updating
> at least the OSGeo4W binaries.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --

Bruce Raup