[Proj] Polar stereographic, different values on different platforms?

Thomas Knudsen knudsen.thomas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 17:17:49 EDT 2008

2008/8/21 Bruce Raup <brauplists at gmail.com>:
> but the colleague I'd just introduced to all these tools is getting a
> bad first impression of open source geospatial software (his words).

IMHO your colleague has actually rather gotten a bad impression of Microsoft
Compilers.

Eric Miller's quick diagnosis of the cause of the problem is a wonderful
example of what Eric Raymond dubbed Linus' law: "`Given enough eyeballs,
all bugs are shallow". Another confirmation of the superiority of the open
development method ("bazaar style" for proj vs. "cathedral style" for
Microsoft's
compilers, to follow Eric Raymond's terminology).

Excellent work, Eric Miller!
Thomas