[Proj] The date is not as expected

Mohamed Mohamed enxmabm at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 06:30:35 EDT 2008

I converted a data from longitudinal latitudinal coordinates to the
Cartesian coordinates using the command "proj +proj=poly
asd.txt>asd_out.txt"
Unfortunately the data is not as expected.

My data downloaded from USGS site with the following feature
The horizontal datum used is North American Datum of 1983.
The ellipsoid used is Geodetic Reference System 80.
The semi-major axis of the ellipsoid used is 6378137.000000.
The flattening of the ellipsoid used is 1/298.257222.
Did I miss some thing!!!!!

I guess I have to identify the datum or some thing like that.

Also I have anther data mainly in Africa and the datum is WGS 84. do I
need to identify the datum?

I need another sources to read from. Because I found the manual very
simple and not able to answer my questions.

Mohamed Ali
malibec2005 at yahoo.com
Mob 00447912033240

SChEME Department