[Proj] Installing Proj on a Mac

Naiara Pinto naiara at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 3 17:17:04 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I have a question about a relatively simple thing..I need to install Proj on
a Mac. I tried two things:

1) donwload the tar file to /usr/local and do:
./configure
make
make install

2) download the tar file to a local folder /users/naiara/library and do:
mkdir proj
./configure --prefix=/users/naiara/library/proj
make
make install

Either way I didn't get any error messages, but when I type proj I get the
message "command not found". I suspect I might need to add an extra line to
my .bashrc file, but I am not sure what it should be. I have a Mac OS
10.4.11 and I am trying to install Proj 4.6.0. My real goal is to install
GDAL, so I am wondering what the best procedure is to make sure that GDAL
can link to Proj.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Naiara.