[Proj] PROJ 4.6.1 RC1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 00:08:20 EDT 2008

Gerald I. Evenden wrote:
> On Monday 21 July 2008 9:41:08 pm Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>   o Added the glabsgm (Gauss Laborde / Sphere Geometric Mean) projection
>
> Excuse me for forgetfulness.  This is really the Gauss-Schreiber projection
> that we went over a few months ago.  Aka +proj=stmerc

Gerald,

I'm going to hold back on the 4.6.1 release till this can be worked out.  There
is no point in letting this into widespread use with different names from
libproj4.  I've created a ticket for the issue and assigned it to Richard
Didier:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ticket/8

Richard Didier can bring PROJ.4 into line with libproj4, or provide an
explanation for why there is a difference.  I haven't heard from Richard
on other points in a couple days so he may be on vacation.

Thanks for the review!