[Proj] PROJ 4.6.1 RC1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 20:12:05 EDT 2008

David C Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 19:41 -0600, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> I have prepared a release candidate for a 4.6.1 release.
>> I'd appreciate some feedback before declaring this an official release.
> Any chance that some/all of the patch from ticket 4 could be included?
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ticket/4

David,

I skimmed the patch and wasn't too excited about it.

It's a lot of changes, and would take some time to review.

A lot of the changes are in code that will be replaced when we start using
libproj4 for the underlying projections support. I don't like making diverging
changes if I can avoid it.

All in all, I felt it could wait.