[[Proj] Re: Problem overlaying georeferenced images in Google, Maps(projection problem!)]

Jorge jorge.arevalo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:33:41 EDT 2008

OK, I have my problem explained in two images:

http://www.phpmadrid.com/geo/Balearic_Island_fits_but_overlaps.png
http://www.phpmadrid.com/geo/Balearic_Island_doesnt_overlap_but_doesnt_fit.png

I've added a dotted black line to frame each PNG file. In the first
link, the PNG files overlap, but they fit! I think it's normal, because
if I have rectangles in UTM, all together, these rectangles can't be
together in geodetic coords (distinct projection). So, if I move the
rectangles to be all together in Google Maps, they don't fit into the
province' shape.

What does I have to do with the PNG files if I want that they are
together and fit into the province' shape?

Thanks a lot
Jorge