[Proj] Any access to geodetic functions ??

Benoît Andrieu bea at ixsea.com
Tue Nov 4 08:22:37 EST 2008

Hi all,

We are using Proj4 in our softwares and we are using too Mapserver (FWTools compilation).
Actually, we are using custom built dlls for Proj4 : proj.dll and geod.dll. Those builds are based on the Proj4 4.5.0 version.
Why we have custom builds is that there was at the time no access to geodetic functions (and I need them... ^^).

>From what I remember, this is the kind of messages that made me make custom builds :
http://osdir.com/ml/gis.proj-4.devel/2006-12/msg00006.html

We are actually switching from FWTools 1.3.2 to FWTools 2.2.6 which should embed Proj4 4.6.1.
So if I want my softwares to be synchronized with this version I would have to recompile a Proj4 4.6.1 to have access to the geodetic functions 'except' if they are already exported.

So my question is : are the geodetic functions now exported ? (please answer yes ...)
And if affirmative, in which dlls will I be able to find them ? (coz I can't find them actually)

Thanks in advance.

Benoît Andrieu