[Proj] Any access to geodetic functions ??

Benoît Andrieu bea at ixsea.com
Wed Nov 12 04:06:55 EST 2008

Thank you so much for your answer, Frank.

So, this leads to some questions (that are somehow related...) :
- how are computed distance calculation between two points by softwares like
Postgis for example ?
- is the best way to compute distance calculation to use UTM systems ? I
have to compute distances that could be very long (hundreds of kilometers),
strong accuracy is not required but I don't want to have more than 1%
accuracy error.
- in what way are those functions distinct from the proj4 ? Am I wrong to
use them ? Are there others functions in proj4 that would allow me to do the
same things that I can do with those functions (distance calculation between
two points and point positionning given initial point, distance and azimuth)
?

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Benoît Andrieu