[Proj] Any access to geodetic[sic] functions ??

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 13 12:03:31 EST 2008

Mikael Rittri wrote:
> Here is another useful resource: Chris Veness has coded Vincenty's formulas as JavaScript.
>
> distance: http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong-vincenty.html
> direct:   http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong-vincenty-direct.html

Folks,

I'd like to encourage those interested to setup a page of pointers to
resources on geodesic distance calculations on the PROJ.4 Trac site. It is
a "wiki" and anyone can extend it.  There have been some great points made
in this thread and it would be wonderful to capture them for future use.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/

A link to such info from the FAQ would also likely be appropriate.

I'm pleased to help anyone interested in doing this if they run into
technical problems.